Updated as of 12 March 2020
TERMS & CONDITIONS
These are the official ticket Terms and Conditions (the “T&Cs”) for Le Paris Café Festival. (the “Event”). In this case, the Event means collectively Paris Café Festival and all associated activities. The Event will be held on 5 June – 7 June 2020 at LE CENTQUATRE- PARIS, 5 rue Curial, 75019 Paris.
Paris Coffee Ventures SAS (the “Organiser”) hosts the Paris Café Festival, a coffee and artisan food festival attracting consumer and trade visitors. The Event is held at LE CENTQUATRE- PARIS, 5 rue Curial, 75019 Paris, running from 5 June – 7 June 2020, according to the following schedule:
Industry Day: 10h00 - 19h00
Consumer session: 15h00 - 19h00
10h00 - 18h00
10h00 - 17h00
By registering for and participating in the Event, the entrant (the ‘Entrant’) agrees to be bound by the following T&Cs.
1. THE EVENT ORGANISERS
2. WHO IS ELIGIBLE?
- The Event is organised by Paris Coffee Ventures SAS whose registered office 128 rue de la Boétie – 75008 Paris – France. Paris Coffee Ventures SAS reserves the right to cancel, modify or terminate this Event at any time if it cannot be operated, conducted or completed as planned for any reason and, in the event of cancellation, substitute another in its place on a date and at a location determined byParis Coffee Ventures SAS at its sole discretion. A refund may be provided if a ticket holder cannot attend the rescheduled date or location, at the discretion of Paris Coffee Ventures SAS
Paris Café Festival (The Event) is open to those who:
- Are over 16 on the day of the event
- Are under 16 and accompanied by an adult (parent or guardian), and,
- Have a valid ticket or purchase a ticket on the door
Participation is void where any the above is not met. By booking a workshop you represent and warrant that you are 16 or older and that you agree to abide by all of the Terms and Conditions outlined. Registration by anyone under the age of 13 is unauthorised, unlicensed and in violation of these Terms and Conditions.
3. WHAT ARE THE ENTRY CONDITIONS?
- Entry per ticket is limited to one (1) entry per person and any additional, subsequent entries will be void. Receipt of tickets purchased will be acknowledged at the end of the registration and payment process. There will also be a number of tickets available on the door, these will be sold on a first-come-first-serve basis.
- The Entrant warrants that the information submitted in the online ticket booking form (and any other information supplied to Paris Coffee Ventures SAS or any other third party in relation to the Event) is provided truthfully and accurately. Incomplete or illegible entries, or those which are not submitted in accordance with the entry instructions, will be invalid and the Entrant will be denied entry into the Event. Paris Coffee Ventures SAS is not responsible for undelivered forms submitted or for any computer malfunction in connection with any entry. No responsibility will be accepted for any lost, delayed or damaged entries or for actions or inactions by the Entrant (No expenses including without limitations travel and accommodation expenses incurred in connection with the Event will be paid by Paris Coffee Ventures SAS).
- Participation in the Event is voluntary. Should the Entrant elect not to participate in the Event, the Entrant will not be afforded a refund or compensation.
- All costs associated with participation in the Event, in particular travel to and from the Event location, shall be covered by the Entrant. Paris Coffee Ventures SAS is not responsible for any costs associated with participation.
- This contract is made between The Entrant and Paris Coffee Ventures SAS If the Entrant is purchasing tickets for more than one person, on signing these terms and conditions that Entrant (person purchasing the ticket/s) is accepting the terms and condition on behalf of all the ticket holders (Entrants) they have purchased tickets for. The Entrant takes responsibility for these ticket holders and accepts the terms and conditions on their behalf. Any disputes will be with, and must be communicated by, the Main Entrant (ticket purchaser).
6. HOW DO I REGISTER?
7. LICENSE TO USE COMMENTS, FEEDBACK AND IDEAS
- Registration for the Event will open Late 2019 and continue until the Event is over or all places have been filled (sold out), whichever is soonest. The Entrant should follow the registration procedure to enter the Event as follows: Visit the Paris Café Festival website: www.pariscafefestival.com and purchase a ticket on the "TICKETS" page (where the Entrant will be asked to register their details). After payment the Entrant will receive a booking confirmation via email. The Entrant will need to either print or present downloaded tickets on entry as proof of booking, as well as a valid ID to gain access to the Event.
- This website is intended solely for Users who are 16 years of age or above. Any registration by, use of or access to the website registration pages by anyone under 16 is unauthorized, unlicensed and in violation of these Terms & Conditions.
- In order to participate in the Event, the Entrant will supply personal information about themselves or personal information may be processed by virtue of their participation. This includes the personal data included in this form, in connection with registration and other personal data processed through the Event itself. Paris Coffee Ventures SAS will process this personal information for the purposes of administering the Event and for the specific purposes described here in accordance with applicable data protection and privacy law. By accepting these T&C’s, the Entrant consents to Paris Coffee Ventures SAS using their personal information to keep the Entrant up to date about other similar events and news.
8. HEALTH AND SAFETY NOTICE
- The Entrant hereby grants to Paris Coffee Ventures SAS a perpetual license to use all comments, feedback and ideas the Entrant shares with them, without notice, compensation or prior consent, for any purposes whatsoever, including, but not limited to, developing, manufacturing and marketing products and services and creating, modifying or improving products and services.
9. FORCE MAJEURE
- Participation in or attendance at the Event involves inherent risks and dangers of accidents, personal and bodily injury and property loss or damage. These may result from Entrant’s own actions or inactions, as well as the actions or inactions of others, and the condition of the facilities. Further, there may be other risks not known to the Entrant and not reasonably foreseeable at this time.
- The Entrant has considered the nature and extent of the risks involved, inspected and satisfied himself or herself with the facilities and Entrant voluntarily chooses to assume all risks involved in the Event, both known and unknown.
- The Entrant consents to treatment in the event of an emergency or other incident in which, in the reasonable judgment of the on-site personnel, the Entrant requires medical care. Paris Coffee Ventures SAS is not responsible or liable for any injuries or damages the Entrant may sustain that result from their participation in the Event.
i. The Organizer’s responsibility cannot be held responsible in the event of non-performance or poor performance of the Event due to force majeure. Thus, in particular, Paris Coffee Venture cannot be considered as defaulting in the event that the non-execution of the Event is due to fire, flood, storm, bad weather of exceptional intensity and a fortiori a state of natural disaster, strike, industrial action or any other major incident, inevitable obstacles, war (declared or not), embargoes, legal impediments, insurrection, epidemic / virus or any other cause which is not attributable to the Organizer.
10. HOW SHOULD I CONDUCT MYSELF?
- The Entrant accepts that he/she has a duty to participate in a manner which is as safe as reasonably possible and, in particular, to abide by the rules of the Event, adhere to the safety information and instructions and take reasonable care to avoid dangerous situations and to look after both the Entrant and other Entrants. The Entrant also understands that the consequences of any failure to comply with such rules might include loss of the Entrant’s eligibility to take part in future similar events.
12. FILM & VIDEO RELEASE
- Paris Coffee Ventures SAS does not provide Entrant with any insurance, either life, travel, medical or liability, for any illness, accident, injury, loss, or damage that may arise in connection with their participation in or attendance at the Event, including without limitation the associated activities. If personal insurance of any kind is desired, this is optional and the Entrant must obtain it themselves. Insurance, all expenses and incidentals not mentioned above are the responsibility of the Entrant in any or all activities associated with this Event is voluntary. In the event that the Entrant elects not to take part in any or all designated activities forming part of the Event, the Entrant will be afforded no additional compensation in exchange therefore or refund.
13. Paris Coffee Ventures SAS RIGHT TO REFUSE ENTRY
- Paris Coffee Ventures SAS and other associated parties authorised by Paris Coffee Ventures SAS may photograph or film the Event for advertising, promotional or other commercial purposes. The Entrant hereby consents and agrees that photographs, film and video may be taken whilst participating in the Event and associated activities. To the extent permitted by law, the Entrant irrevocably grants Paris Coffee Ventures SAS and its associated entities and, where authorised by Paris Coffee Ventures SAS, third party commercial partners, the right indefinitely and throughout the world, without any expectation of compensation, to use the Entrant’s photograph, video, image, likeness or other recorded media obtained in connection with the Event in any media, including, but not limited to television, the internet, magazines, product catalogues and brochures, point-of-purchase videos and displays, and any other printed or written material in connection therewith, for the purpose of advertising, promoting, marketing, and selling Paris Coffee Ventures SAS and associated entities products and/or promoting the Event.
14. CANCELLATION POLICY
- The Entrant understands and acknowledges that Paris Coffee Ventures SAS shall at all times be entitled to refuse their attendance at, and/or their participation in Event workshops if the Entrant does not comply with this agreement or with the directions of Paris Coffee Ventures SAS staff or representatives at the Event. This includes, but is not limited to, the Entrant being under the influence of alcohol.
15. OTHER TERMS
- The Entrant understands that their participation in the Event is non-transferable and is not redeemable for cash at any point of the purchase, as stated in clause three (3).
- The Paris Café Festival is exempt from the right to cancel according to The Consumer Contract Regulation part 3 regulation 28.
- By participating in the Event, the Entrant agrees to be bound by these T&Cs and the decisions of Paris Coffee Ventures SAS, which shall be final. Any violation of these T&Cs may result in disqualification of the Entrant. If the Entrant is unable to attend and participate in the Event, no refund will be paid to the Entrant. Participation in additional activities available at the Event on the Event day is optional and may incur additional cost.
- In the event that the operation, security, or administration of the Event is impaired in any way for any reason, including, but not limited to fraud, virus, or other technical problems, Paris Coffee Ventures SAS may, in its sole discretion, suspend the Event to address the impairment and then resume the Event in a manner that best conforms to the spirit of these T&Cs. Paris Coffee Ventures SAS reserves the right in its sole discretion to remove and ban any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Event or to be acting in violation of these T&Cs or in an inappropriate or disruptive manner, or who might, in the reasonable opinion of Paris Coffee Ventures SAS, bring the Paris Coffee Ventures SAS brand into disrepute.
- Any attempt by any person to undermine the legitimate operation of the Event may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Paris Coffee Ventures SAS reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by applicable law. Failure by Paris Coffee Ventures SAS to enforce any term of these T&Cs shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. To the extent permitted by law, by participating in the Event, the Entrant agrees to release and hold harmless Paris Coffee Ventures SAS, its parent and related entities, and their respective officers, directors, employees, and agents and any social media platforms used in relation to the promotion of the Event (the “Released Parties”) from and indemnify them against any sum, damage, loss, charge, expense, claim or cause of action arising out of participation in the Event or receipt or use of a gift, including, but not limited to: (a) unauthorised human intervention in the Event; (b) technical errors related to computers, servers, providers, or telephone or network lines; (c) printing errors; (d) lost, late, postage-due, misdirected, or undeliverable mail; (e) errors in the administration of the Event or the processing of entries; or (f) injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from Entrant’s participation in the Event or receipt or use of any gift.
- To the extent permitted by applicable law and with the exception of liability for gross negligence or wilful misconduct of the Released Parties, the Entrant further agrees that in any cause of action (i) the Released Parties’ liability will be limited to the cost of participating in the Event, and in no event shall the Released Parties be liable for legal fees and (ii) the Entrant waives the right to claim any damages whatsoever that may arise in connection with these T&Cs or the Entrant's participation in the Event. The Entrant confirms that he/she will not publish or post to any website or social media platform or other media operated by Paris Coffee Ventures SAS or related to the Event any text, statement, photograph, image or other material which is obscene, defamatory, infringes the intellectual property or other legal rights of any third party or is otherwise unlawful, offensive, discriminatory or inappropriate. Paris Coffee Ventures SAS will have the right to remove any material at its discretion and take appropriate legal action against any person found to be or alleged to be in breach of this clause.
- These T&Cs and any disputes arising in connection thereto shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the Tribunal de Commerce de Paris. If for any reason, a court of competent jurisdiction finds any provision or portion thereof, to be unenforceable, the remainder of these T&Cs will still be applicable and in full force and effect.